Al-Ameen’s protection intervention strategy focuses on child protection and preventing gender-based violence. Aimed at increasing the protection of at-risk groups from the effects of conflict, protection activities are specifically designed to prevent and respond to rights violations. Al-Ameen’s protection interventions are developed in accordance with standards and guidelines internationally recognized by UNICEF, UNFPA and UNHCR.
Within Al-Ameen’s centers, the following activities are introduced:
- Community child protection:
- Structured and sustainable psychosocial support programs within child-friendly centers.
- Parenting Skills Programs.
- Awareness campaigns on children's rights and protection concerns, plus establishing community-based child protection committees trained on child protection standards and referral mechanisms.
- Awareness campaigns on land mines, ordnances and explosive material risks.
- Support orphans and people with disabilities to rehabilitate their skills for integrating within communities.
- Social protection services through psychosocial support, community awareness and publicizing available services to activate conversion mechanisms in targeted areas.
- Women and girls empowerment:
- Psychosocial support
- Awareness of protection issues
- Specialized services through case management
As a result of these protection services, beneficiaries are able to invest their capabilities within their private lives and uphold resilience and contribute to the community’s wellbeing within crises areas.