For Humanitarian Support
Job Title :Data Officer
Location: Gaziantep -Turkey
Employment Type: Full-Time
Listing Expiry Date: 08/02/2024
AL-AMEEN for Humanitarian Support is a non -governmental organization established by a group of volunteers in Syria during the crisis in 2012 and registered in the USA, Sweden, and turkey.
AL-AMEEN is implementing projects through regional offices in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Palestine, and Somalia.
Our work sectors are Health, Nutrition, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Protection, Shelter &Non-food items, Wash and Sanitation.
AL-AMEEN also manages development projects, advocates to empower civil societies and local governance.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Promotes knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office.
· Ability to research best practices and propose new, more effective ways of doing things.
· Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development and applies newly acquired skills.
· Playing a role in the design, development, management, and improvement of data management systems including various relational databases and spreadsheets, excel, MS access.
· Design data entry forms, surveys using ODK, or Kobo toolbox, along with related process for data collection, cleaning, and verification.
· Collect, compile, analyses, and reporting of various data from various sources.
· Receive files, databases, source documents from filed data officers in the primary health centers.
· Maintain scheduled backups according to plan for all files and databases to avoid data loss.
· Provide assistant and troubleshoot data entry errors, clean data by dealing with missing information, data errors, duplicates, and outliers according to the data quality standards, and apply data guidelines and procedures to ensure data quality across all data flow system and databases.
· Prepare training materials related to data entry, data tools, applications usage and data auditing and conducted data related training to support field staff in regular meetings or unplanned events.
Program Quality and Development :
· Designing Aggregated reports by excel.
· Designing workflows and data collection models where necessary.
· Follow filed staff in Project on daily basics and make sure of daily data submission and the availability of most recent and updated reports.
· Train and guide field staff on data tools, Form, and templates usage.
Monitoring and reporting :
· Generate automated statistical summarization reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
Coordinate with the Project manager and IMU manager all tasks related to the filed team and data entries according to the project needs, organize and distribute tasks according to team capacity and availability and shift resources whenever needed.
Education & Qualification
· Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, IT, or any relevant experience at the national or international level in information management.
· A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in information management and technical support.
· Decent knowledge in the work of INGO and LNGOs Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution, and visualization) Familiarity with non-profit organizations’ regulations
Technical Skills and Personal qualities required
· MS office and MS Excel: having advanced skills using excel spreadsheets, formulas, VBA Coding, Filtering, Sorting, data aggregation, Power Queries and Pivot tables.
· Mobile data collection tools (ODK, Kobo Toolbox or other): Ability to design and build forms and questionnaires, familiarity with advanced options, testing tools.
· High standard of English writing and editorial skills.
· Ability to work under a minimum of supervision.
· Organized and able to manage priorities.
· Proactive, adaptable, and capacity to take initiatives.
· Proactive approach to identifying solutions.
· Diplomatic and open-mindedness.
· Familiar with multicultural environment.
AL-AMEEN and AL-AMEEN Staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the AL-AMEEN Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. By these values, AL-AMEEN enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Compliance & Ethics :
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout AL-AMEEN. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of AL-AMEEN and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and partners and require them to adhere to them.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse :
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within AL-AMEEN and amongst beneficiaries served by AL-AMEEN
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organization, AL-AMEEN requests its complete employee flexibility in terms of duties and commitment, as their job description and title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.