Human Resources Officer
For Humanitarian Support
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Type: Full-Time
Listing Expiry Date: 24/12/2023
AL-AMEEN for Humanitarian Support is a non -governmental organization established by a group of volunteers in Syria during the crisis in 2012 and registered in the USA, Sweden, and turkey.
AL-AMEEN is implementing projects through regional offices in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Palestine, and Somalia.
Our work sectors are Health, Nutrition, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Protection, Shelter &Non-food items, Wash and Sanitation.
AL-AMEEN also manages development projects, advocates to empower civil societies and local governance.
AL-AMEEN is currently in search of an HR Officer who will take on the responsibility of ensuring consistent adherence and successful execution of day-to-day human resources operations in accordance with established policies and procedures. This role will entail providing essential support across various human resource functions.
- Collaborate closely with the HR Manager to ensure the effective implementation of ALAMEEN’s Policies and Procedures, ensuring strict adherence to established standards.
- Aid staff members by clarifying HR policies, processes, procedures, and standard ALAMEEN practices.
- Oversee the recruitment process, including document archiving, and coordinate and monitor contract renewals. Manage all entry and exit documentation for staff upon hire and at the conclusion of assignments.
- Preparing Time Sheets and Employee Payroll for Projects Staff, Coordinating Extensively with the Finance Department to Ensure Documentation and Timely Salary Disbursements.
- Maintain the integrity of the HR database, which includes the leave database, staff probationary period tracking, timesheets, and related records.
- Regularly update the personnel records filing system, ensuring information is meticulously organized and up to date.
- Monitor regular working hours, holidays, and paid/sick leaves for all employees.
- Uphold the principles of protection from sexual exploitation and abuse, ensuring the safeguarding of children across all HR activities.
- Collaborate with Finance and Programs departments to manage all project-related staff documents, including contracts and task statements.
- Provide support to all HR functions, aiding in the archiving process as required.
- Coordinate effectively with the internal audit department to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Prepare detailed Monthly Reports as requested by donors, and all HR reports as Task report and plan.
- Do any tasks assigned to him by his manager and within his competence.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Prepare Statistical Reports for Project stakeholder and MEAL department According to Approved Indicators in the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Providing All Data Sources According to the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- BA degree in Business Administration, Economics, or at least middle institute in business administration or relevant discipline.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of employment laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle employee concerns, conflicts, and disciplinary matters with professionalism and empathy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Three years of HR experience in INGO/NGO.
- Experience in areas such as recruitment, performance management, and employee relations.
- Experience in creating job descriptions, posting job openings, screening resumes, conducting interviews.
- Familiarity with training needs assessment, designing training programs, and facilitating workshops or training sessions.
- Experience in maintaining employee records, managing HR databases, and generating relevant reports.
- Knowledge of labor laws, regulations, and compliance requirements relevant to the region or industry.
- Arabic and English are mandatory (oral and written)
AL-AMEEN and AL-AMEEN Staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the AL-AMEEN Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. By these values, AL-AMEEN enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout AL-AMEEN. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of AL-AMEEN and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and partners and require them to adhere to them.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within AL-AMEEN and amongst beneficiaries served by AL-AMEEN
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organization, AL-AMEEN requests its complete employee flexibility in terms of duties and commitment, as their job description and title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.