for Humanitarian Support
Job Title: MEAL Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Gaziantep , Turkey
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Listing Expiry Date: 11/11/2023
ALAMEEN is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (MEAL) Coordinator to provide technical and administrative leadership to develop the framework, plans, and indicators for all projects of the institution to ensure the collection, analysis, and reporting of quality data and to supervise all M&E field staff. The M&E coordinator will help apply organization rules and principles to improve the satisfaction, quality, and reliability of the information system and strengthen decision-making capacity. The role reports directly to the MEAL manager.
S/he will be a key part of the role will be capacity building and remote support to the M&E team, as well as S/he, will be tasked with identifying strategic learning goals in collaboration with AHS’s programme team while ensuring that they are harmonised with learning priorities at AHS HQ.
Duties and Responsibilities :
– Leading the monitoring and evaluation teams in the association in Yemen, and Somalia
– Developing the capabilities of the monitoring and evaluation team in various projects
-Contribute to the development plans of the Control and Evaluation Department
– Supervising the implementation of accountability in various projects
-Liaise with other departments and the project management team to ensure that all data collection needs are met.
-Supporting the development of ongoing projects.
– Participation in preparing the department’s structure in terms of information and data of the monitoring and evaluation teams
– Representing the association in front of the donors and the donors’ monitoring and evaluation departments, and with external parties for monitoring and evaluation
-Preparing monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning plans
Follow up on the completion of project activities, general objectives, and results
– Preparing periodic and final monitoring and evaluation reports and sharing them with the department manager
-Review and archive monitoring and evaluation reports
– Conducting interviews and assigning tasks and responsibilities to the monitoring and evaluation team
– Evaluate the monitoring and evaluation teams periodically
Preparing the necessary training for the monitoring and evaluation team
– Leading the development of monitoring and evaluation tools for various projects to ensure that all indicators required to be measured in projects are measured
– Supervising the review of the documents of the various projects implemented in various missions
– Reviewing preliminary reports and the data collection mechanism
– Preparing the work plan for the monitoring and evaluation team
– Preparing field visits plans and supervising the implementation of monitoring and evaluation teams according to the specified timeline
– Preparing final reports and supervising the inclusion of all required files in the monitoring and evaluation plans, as well as what the donor requests
– Supervising the verification of project data and its reliability and providing the MEAL Department with the final versions of the data periodically
-Oversees the review of databases and data tracking tools for various projects in order to maintain data quality for reliable and consistent data collection.
– Reviewing the various project files and communicating with the departments in the association until reaching the correct and reliable final copies to share with the donor.
– Preparing unified operating files, including all monitoring and evaluation tools used
-Supervising data collection and assisting in providing primary statistical analyses.
– Any other duties related to The MEAL assigned to him by the line manager
Education & Qualification: · Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline (preferably in Social Science, Economics, or Statistics), Master’s degree preferred
Professional experience: · At least 5 years (with an undergraduate degree) of professional experience working in M&E or information management or project management positions in an NGO.
Languages : English and Arabic
Technical Skills and Personal qualities required
- Knowledge of major quantitative & qualitative monitoring methodologies and proven ability to design monitoring instrumentation tools
- Extensive knowledge in program evaluation designs
- Broad experience in the design and implementation of capacity building activities in M&E
- Extensive Knowledge of developing and maintaining databases
- Advanced skills in data analysis presentation and report writing
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS: The AHS and AHS Staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the AHS Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the AHS operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout AL-AMEEN for Humanitarian Support, as applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of AL- AMEEN for Humanitarian Support and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within AL- AMEEN for Humanitarian Support
and amongst beneficiaries served by AHS
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organization, AL- AMEEN for Humanitarian Support, requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
if you have any inquiries, please contact us via: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.