For Humanitarian Support
Job Title: Video Editor
Position Status: Full time
Location: Gaziantep ,Turkey
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Listing Expiry Date: 31/10/2023
ALAMEEN for Humanitarian Support is a non -governmental organization established by a group of volunteers in Syria during the crisis in 2012 and registered in the USA, Sweden, and turkey
AHS is implementing projects through regional offices in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Palestine, and Somalia.
Strengthening and developing community humanitarian response capacities.
Coordination with local authorities to ensure that humanitarian activities are carried out while maintaining AHS values
Primary focus on vulnerable groups, our work sectors are Health, Nutrition, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Protection, Shelter &Non-food items, Wash and Sanitation.
AHS also manages development projects, advocates to empower civil societies and local governance
A Video Editor is responsible for piecing together Al-Ameen’s vision using materials such as camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, and graphics to produce a final film or video product.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble, transfer, and export uncut footage to create a finished, cohesive final project.
- Select and combine footage to produce a film in line with the film’s storyboard, goal, and vision.
- Adjust and correct films’ colors to improve the final product’s quality.
- Select, apply, and edit music, sound effect, subtitles, and graphics to support the final product’s goal.
- Rearrange scenes and ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
- Continuously explore and implement new technologies and the industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Follow the institution’s media and communication policies and guidelines.
- Ensure all media products are appropriately stored, filed, and archived.
- Respect and apply all the PSEA principles and show high commitment to report any PSEA action.
- Note: the above-mentioned key responsibilities/accountabilities are illustrative ones.
- Other future responsibilities/accountability may be assigned to the job depending on the department’s organizational chart.
- Other related tasks as assigned by the line manager.
Implementation of Program
Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut, Cinema 4D, DaVinci Resolve, Lightworks.
Education & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in media or any other Relevant experience would be considered.
- 2 years’ experience in art and/or design fields
- 4 years’ experience in art and/or design fields
- Good knowledge of computer tools, web and layout design an asset.
- Fluent in Arabic.
- Intermediate level in the English.
Technical Skills and Personal qualities required.
- Building Trust
- Managing Performance
- Empowering Others
ALAMEEN and ALAMEEN Staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the ALAMEEN Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. By these values, the ALAMEEN enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout ALAMEEN. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of ALAMEEN and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and partners and require them to adhere to them.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within ALAMEEN and amongst beneficiaries served by ALAMEEN
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, ALAMEEN requests its complete employee flexibility in terms of duties and commitment, as their job description and title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
If you have any inquiries, please contact us via: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.