Nutrition Project Manager
For Humanitarian Support
Job Title: Nutrition Project Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
The deadline for applying for the job: 23/03/2023
ALAMEEN is seeking a Project manager to lead administrative tasks of planning, organizing, supervising, and implementing a nutrition program. The Nutrition Project Manager will mentor and supervise the Nutrition team to promote high-quality nutrition implementation approaches. They will conduct various training on nutrition protocols and supportive supervision activities and perform assigned management duties to work closely with other internal departments to coordinate nutrition program activities.
Technical Support to Program Design and Implementation:
- Ensure quality and timely field-level implementation of the Nutrition program against set objectives, targets, and work plans.
- Draft supervision guidelines to ensure quality delivery of Outpatient treatments for SAM and MAM in children under five years of age
- Conduct field assessments, identify potential needs, design, and implement response plans
- Mentor and train the nutrition teams in treatment protocols and support them.
- Supervision and provide refresher training on CMAM.
- Coordinate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager on training and implementation for Nutrition Surveys (e.g., SMART, SQUEAC, KPC)
- Support regular nutrition program evaluations and rapid assessments identifying needs and making practical recommendations to address them
- Coordinate with the Program Coordinator to establish a mechanism for tracking referrals
- Enhance integration of nutrition activities with other major health programs and coordinate with the health communications officer on establishing powerful outreach activities.
- Facilitate the conducting of focus group discussions with relevant communities for feedback on program activities
- Provide technical support expertise to the program to align field nutrition programs with ALAMEEN and international pillars of standards.
- Provide regular input and review of concept notes, proposals, and program reports.
- Contribute to the development of regional strategy by providing analysis of the regional nutrition context and identifying potential opportunities.
- Ensure incorporation of innovative tools and strategies in new project and proposal development.
- Participate in and contribute to regular regional team meetings.
- Provide technical input for new proposals, reports, and external communications for ALAMEEN.
- Lead the nutrition team and worked with the Nutrition Program Officer to supervise nutrition program implementation.
- Oversee nutrition job description reviews, recruitment, orientation, and performance reviews for the nutrition team.
- Develop nutrition activity work plans based on the program’s annual work plan and implement activities promptly
- Ensure that the implementation of nutrition activities is well coordinated with ICCM activities
- Coordinate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in compiling monthly nutrition reports, quarterly analysis trends, and how to improve the quality of reporting
- Coordinate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to review nutrition reporting indicators and reporting tools
- Coordinate with the Logistics Manager to improve supply chain management and accountability for nutrition supplies
- In consultation with technical leads, contribute to the development of nutrition project proposals and project budgets
EMERGENCY RESPONSE SUPPORT:
- When needed, deploy to international emergency responses as part of the initial ground team to conduct nutrition assessments, contribute to concept notes, proposals, and reports, represent ALAMEEN at coordination meetings and ensure integrated response programming.
- Contribute to advocacy for attention to infant and young child feeding (IYCF) in new emergencies.
CAPACITY BUILDING AND MENTORSHIP:
- Develop and deliver technical training for field staff, volunteers, and partner organizations.
- Design and deliver in-house nutrition orientation to ALAMEEN non-nutrition staff.
- Respond to specific nutrition-related requests and inquiries from country programs by undertaking relevant research and identifying appropriate technical expertise from within or external the organization.
- In coordination with other nutrition staff and relevant technical staff, develop crucial documents in the domains of standards and approaches, core competencies, and learning. These will be in the form of technical briefs, technical guidelines, case studies, and cape statements to promote high-quality programming and strategic partnerships.
REPRESENTATION AND PARTNERSHIPS:
- Represent ALAMEEN in the international emergency and development community through actively participating in and contributing to essential nutrition-related technical and programmatic coalitions and global networks.
- Participate in relevant coordination forums.
- Represent ALAMEEN nutrition programming in donor meetings.
- Keep abreast and contribute to global discussions of nutrition issues and donor nutrition strategies.
- Organize and present nutrition program information and lessons learned to donors, partners, and technical forums at country, regional and international levels working with respective departments.
- Participate in networking on technical issues with other nutrition and related NGOs with a view to identifying and facilitating partnership opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of technical guidance notes, minimum standards, case studies, and other documentation based on collective priorities identified.
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Monitoring, evaluation, and reporting:
- Delivers timely quality reporting on project activities, including findings regarding the impact on individuals and communities.
- Takes part in projects meetings called by donors and any relevant stakeholders, in close coordination and under the supervision of the Head of Mission
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to mentoring and training; experience in supervising staff desirable
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively, and work under pressure with deadlines.
- Ability to travel
- University degree in Medicine, Public health, Development Studies, Humanitarian Assistance, or related field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in humanitarian assistance, including a minimum of 3 years in Health & Nutrition programs.
- Excellent knowledge of the humanitarian and development sectors, and experience with and knowledge of humanitarian standards.
- Excellent knowledge of program life cycles.
- Comfortable in planning and delivering multiple activities, work plans, and tasks under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Ability to work with and lead a team and work independently, with minimal supervision and under pressure, while taking and facilitating team and programmatic decisions.
- Proven skills in managing others, leading teams, reporting, analyzing, and problem-solving.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- A critical mind, and ability to ask questions and analyze situations.
- Excellent management capacities and team leadership spirit
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Strong communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to solve problems in the field with staff, local committees, and beneficiaries.
- Ability to manage remote teams.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Experience in programming Microsoft Word and Excel
- Desirable, PMP Certified.
- Arabic and English are mandatory (oral and written)
ALAMEEN and ALAMEEN Staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the ALAMEEN Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. By these values, the ALAMEEN enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout ALAMEEN. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of ALAMEEN and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and partners and require them to adhere to them.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within ALAMEEN
and amongst beneficiaries served by ALAMEEN
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, ALAMEEN requests its complete employee flexibility in terms of duties and commitment, as their job description and title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.